Event organizers will provide:
- event promotion & ticket sales via Taste of Wayne County website; it is expected that approximately 1000 people will participate in sampling.
- event check-in where all event goers wishing to sample alcohol will be carded & banded;
- an event-branded spoon-fork-knife and glass for event goers to use for tasting.
- a traveling trophy to be awarded to the vendor who offers the most samples per booth space.
(This is a change from previous events – winner of the trophy will be determined by taking the total number of tickets collected by the number of booths a vendor occupies.)
- tent space, in the form of one large common tent, on a first come first served basis (~20 vendors)
- reimbursement in the amount of $.75/sample ticket by the vendor. Reimbursement is made within 7-10 days of the event.
- provide a Certificate of Insurance naming the Village of Newark and Newark Chamber of Commerce as additional insured.
- provide a table and any equipment needed as well as their own tent if not utilizing the event-provided tent. All vendor-owned tents must be properly weighted in case of wind gusts.
- provide marketing materials to distribute to tasters.
- offer samples valued at $1 for each sampling ticket presented at their stations.
- have adequate sanitation for employees providing samples (hand washing station, gloves, etc.)
- sample in compliance with all NYS licensing including liquor, food processing and home processing.
- agree to be unloaded, with vehicles off the street by 3:30 p.m. The street will be open for set up at 2:00. Vendors should be completely set-up by 4:15.